This is for you if you like to have your wine & drink it too ;). We all want to enjoy the holiday parties & a little too much the night before tends to ruin our whole next day. Here's a few reminders to help you avoid that happening, or at least make it a little more bearable (and affordable!).
1. Drink all the water: I've said it before & I'll say it again - Start drinking water now, and don't stop. Water not only helps your mood by staying hydrated, but especially with alcohol! The trick is to pour yourself one glass of water after each glass of wine (or beer, whatever!). Sometimes I even make it a spritzer just to get that extra water in without having to force down a glass. However you wanna do it, just do it. You'll thank me tomorrow.
2. Eat food: Drinking on an empty stomach is bad news for anyone! It can be easy to forget to eat when you have so much going on, or maybe you're just having a few bites from the charcuterie... That's not gonna work, sweetie! Make sure you have a full meal. It will help soak up some of that alcohol, plus, it's easier to pace yourself when you're consuming food. Wine is not dinner!
3. Pace yourself: On that note, pace yourself. Be mindful, be aware of how much and how fast you're drinking. I think the biggest problem for most of us is that we lose track of how much and how fast we're actually drinking. Don't forget - alcohol is a lot of empty calories. We're not counting our calories, but we want our calories to count!
4. Consider red wine: Lots of studies link the antioxidants in red wine to less inflammation, better circulation, and improved stress. All great things for the heart! If you're a heavy liquor drinker, maybe try red wine instead?
5. Buy the box: There's SO many good brands in boxed wine nowadays. Save money, get the box! I love a good Bota Box.
What did you think of these tips? If you have any other drinking-hacks I would love to hear them... leave a comment or go right ahead and send me an email!
Are you tired of cycling through diet & exercise programs, and feeling like you failed? Are you ready to create a Wellness Lifestyle that is sustainable, enjoyable, and works for YOU?
See all the ways you can work with me! https://www.bewellwithsteph.com/workwithme
Not sure if working with a health coach is for you? Schedule a free discovery call & lets find out! More info & book here.
You are worthy of living and capable of creating a healthy lifestyle you love. 🤍