Want to know a secret? Even as a Wellness & Nutrition Advocate I still find myself eating "unhealthy" at times! And truthfully, the main reason why this happens isn't because of uncontrollable cravings or because my coworker brought donuts into work (which does happen sometimes). But the real reason I personally find myself eating ice cream out of the carton in front of the TV? Because I'm simply UNPREPARED.
I didn't plan ahead to buy healthy, snack-able ingredients this week. I didn't plan accordingly to make sure that I had some tasty, light snacks for those times when I need them most! So today I'm going to share with you some KEY ITEMS to always try to remember to buy at the grocery store so you can make some quick, healthy snacks - and I'll share the recipes for those, too!
Skip ahead to my grocery list for snack-able ingredients.
1. Kiwi & Blueberry Chia Pudding: Chia seeds provide a hearty dose of Omega-3 fatty acids, while the kiwi & blueberries deliver a burst of vitamins and natural sweetness, but you can also top this with strawberries, bananas or any of your favorite fruit! (Be Well With Steph)
2. Avocado Toast: Sometimes, the most satisfying snacks are the simplest ones, and that's precisely the case with Avocado Toast! Build this on fermented sourdough bread which enhances digestibility, lowers the glycemic index, and increases the availability of essential nutrients. (Be Well With Steph)
5. Almond Butter Banana: So simple yet so satisfying. (Be Well With Steph)
6. Simple Avo & Tomato Salad: I just love anything with avocado. Dress this up with some black olives and add a handful of spinach for some extra nutrients!! (Food.com)
7. Crispy Chickpeas - Crispy chickpeas make for a great quick snack because they are not only delicious but also packed with protein, fiber, and a satisfying crunch. Make these ahead and take little baggies with you on the go! (Be Well With Steph)
9. Herbed Quinoa with Veggies - I am quite literally obsessed with quinoa and I just make a big batch of it so I always have some in the fridge ready to go for main meals or a quick snack. (Be Well With Steph)
FREE DOWNLOAD: Healthy Snacks Grocery List
Want to learn how to eat in a way that nourishes your body so your health & energy thrive, in a way that feels simple & enjoyable?! Join my coaching program Eat Well With Steph! A 12-week coaching program with:
self-paced online modules & workshops (& you can keep this content forever!)
weekly small group coaching calls
Interested but still have questions?? Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's your favorite way to enjoy your farmers market finds?! I want to know. Find me wherever you like to hangout:
Facebook: Stephanie Lee Genco
As always... Discovery Calls are FREE :) Make an appointment & let's see if I could support you, too!
You are worthy of living and capable of creating a healthy lifestyle you love. 🤍