Updated: Feb 27
Low in calories, big in volume - Greens help to fill you up! Mainly water & fiber so a great source to get those nutrients in, plus all the other vitamins, minerals, antioxidants that your body needs... They are a great addition to any meal because they fill you up and add a TON of nutritional value, without additional calories. You can eat them til your heart's (or stomach's) content! But... just knowing how great they are doesn't necessarily mean you like eating them. Don't let that scare you though! You've probably just never had them in a way that you enjoy! So I hand-picked a few recipes that will help you get those greens in, girl.
1. The Best Vegan Green Smoothie: Don't over think it!! This recipe has bananas, mangos, spinach, hemp seeds, orange juice, and almond milk. But you don't have to have every single ingredient. Use what you got! (But don't skip the banana ;) - (Nora Cooks)
2. Dairy Free Green Smoothie: This one is a bit fancier if you're feeling like spicing it up! The chia seeds add extra minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. (Make it Dairy Free)
3. Best Green Smoothie: Reminding you to add your protein powder! I use KOS - Show me the Greens (Simple Green Smoothies)
*code BEWELLWITHSTEPH - 15% off at KOS! Get the protein powder here.
Add them to a Sauce
Literally just add a handful to any sauce! But I know you lovelies like your recipes, so here's a few ;)
1. Creamy Spring Pasta with Baby Kale & Spinach: This recipe will make you fall in love with kale (if you're not already...) (The Organic Kitchen)
2. The Best Vegan Spaghetti: Adding a handful of greens to this recipe will literally make it the BEST you've ever had. (Nora Cooks)
Make a big salad
1. Healthy & Colorful Swiss Chard Salad with Apples & Chickpeas: YES you can put fruit on salads! (Lavendar & Macarons)
2. Strawberry Spinach Salad: A great substitute for the traditional strawberry & goat cheese salad, is swapping out the goat cheese for avocado! (The Simple Veganista)
3. Quinoa Kale Salad with Roasted Veg: I just LOVE using quinoa as a base for salads. It amps up the protein and makes it more filling. Plus, adding roasted veggies?! Yes please! (Running on Real Food)
In a wrap or sandwich
Literally, wrap it with greens, OR fill your sammy/wrap with them!
1. Hummus Collard Wraps: These huge leafy greens can work as a burrito shell / wrap! Less processed carbs, more nutrients, yay! (Eating Bird Food)
Want to learn how to eat in a way that nourishes your body so your health & energy thrive, in a way that feels simple & enjoyable?! Join my coaching program Eat Well With Steph! A 12-week coaching program with:
self-paced online modules & workshops (& you can keep this content forever!)
weekly small group coaching calls
Interested but still have questions?? Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope you enjoyed some of these recipes, but don't miss the bigger picture! There's so many ways to enjoy your greens and boost those vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in your diet. Just add a handful to anything! What's your favorite way to eat greens?! I want to know. Find me wherever you like to hangout:
Facebook: Stephanie Lee Genco
As always... Discovery Calls are FREE :) Make an appointment & let's see if I could support you, too!
You are worthy of living and capable of creating a healthy lifestyle you love. 🤍